Backcountry Kicker Build #1
Winter time mornings can start pretty early. They usually start the night before, a little planning, some gear, food, and sled prep to make sure you can get out and get in. Many times you can do all this planning, early waking, and not accomplish much besides a pretty good time.
This outing, Andrew wanted to build a jump, he said he hasn’t been in the air enough this season. I took little convincing. We had a list of 5 zones, with certain criteria: steep landing, not tracked from sleds, sled accessible, and not baked in the sun. Options can seemingly dis-appear around Central Oregon due to our zones limited lack of ridgelines, and super accessible sled terrain.
We made a couple quick scopes on the way out, and quickly settled on a spot. Andrew found a natural hip above a snow covered rock band, and I opted for a quick kicker build. After a few years now of being drawn by the throttle, we shut off our machines, made some quick hike laps, and enjoyed our efforts. Turned out to be a simple solid day. Looking forward to more.
Above are snaps of Andrew and myself as we traded off the camera during laps.
- BuckWild – Freeride MTB Build / Shred - May 10, 2016
- Crossover RE/Volution – Backcountry Circus - March 9, 2016
- Backcountry Kicker Build #1 - February 24, 2016
- Splittin Trees – Early Season Snowboard - November 18, 2014
- People of High Mountain Places - June 6, 2014
- Volcano Run – Backcountry Adventure - May 6, 2014
- AK Dreamin – Excursion Heli Shred - April 9, 2014
- Welcome Back – POW Jefferson State 2 Premiere - February 24, 2014
- DS – Shredding in Review - December 31, 2013
- Rainbow Splitboarding – Mt. Bachelor - November 19, 2013